Saturday, June 09, 2007

Singer: Overrated

So I'm bumming around IMDb and for some reason I type in myself on there and I go to look at my page. And someone has posted something on the "message board" on my IMDb page. It is called Singer: Overrated and it reads, in its entirety:

Seriously buddy, overhyped and totally out there and not in a good way


Don't you need to be hyped before you can be overhyped? I must have missed the profile in The New York Times and that day the mayor gave me the key to the city.

It's my first really hardcore internet bashing since back when I did one episode of Your Movie Show on MTV and I got a virulent email from a viewer accusing me of playing up all the bad stereotypes of a geek. That one cut me deep because I was just being myself. Apparently, I am just a walking stereotype.

By the way, if you want to check out more of my overhyped ass, go to IFC.com's video page where you can watch all my latest clips from Tribeca and Cannes, including some of the live red carpet shows I hosted (we taped 'em).

Overhyped. Keep it up anonymous Internet haters, I love it!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael J. Anderson said...

Matt, I must say I agree with the iMDB message board writer: the hype is starting to get a bit big. I mean, just the other day I was talking to Limp Bizkit...

12:24 PM  
Blogger Wealthy Pete said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Wealthy Pete said...

My take has always been that you are not the definition of movie nerd. A guy from college years, a hermit, mumbly character, who would schedule his own midnight movies even though he graduated three years previously, would be the quintessential movie nerd. You are Hollywood's version of the stereotypical nerd. Geeky, but also well groomed and funny. Our generation's Anthony Michael Hall. Now that's hype.

11:20 PM  
Blogger P.L. Kerpius said...

That guy's a dick.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Wealthy Pete said...

You know, I was going to pretend that it was me who made that comment, but decided not to. Then today I looked at his IMDB board and found out it was me. I'm PedroJT. I wrote it 4 years ago as a joke. 4 years, when only Troma stuff was on there. A joke, but alas I appologize. :-)

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home