Wednesday, October 11, 2006

David Zucker's Current Project

A brief interlude as I take a moment from my guest-blogging duties over at The Dizzies to share this YouTube clip, which I sort of found over there at random.

It's an anti-Democrats ad directed by David Zucker, the beloved filmmaker behind The Naked Gun.



What's shocking isn't that it's not funny (not enough wacky sound effects, although the pants-splitting gag is brilliant) but that Zucker has apparently become an outspoken conservative. Naked Gun 2 1/2 is about as blunt a critique of the first President Bush's energy policy as there could possibly be. In his commentaries he couldn't be more passionate about the environment, conservation, global warming etc. Now in some articles about this ad I see him referred to as "Republican filmmaker David Zucker." I guess times change. Interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home