Monday, January 09, 2006

Lessons learned: Los Angeles

Out of the blue on Wednesday, my bosses at IFC gave me a ring and two days later, I was sitting in Los Angeles, getting ready to host a mini documentary on the shooting of a new music video by Joaquin Phoenix. In the 40 or so hours I was there, I learned a great deal:

1)Fred Durst likes my work. He told me so.

2)When reading or watching interviews, I need to start paying more attention to the questions than the answers.

3)By law, every item on a Los Angeles restaurant menu must include guacamole.

4)The most dangerous job in the United States is being a timber cutter where, over four years, a worker stands a 1-in-200 of being killed.*

5)Gene Simmons is an avid reader.


*From the book Freakonomics, which I read on the plane. Also, you stand a greater chance of dying as a crack dealer than you do as an death row inmate in Texas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Singer said...

You gotta start posting on the blog first dooder.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home