Friday, May 07, 2010

YouTube Art: The Magic of Running Scared

Quick, name the first two actors that come to mind when I say the phrase "badass buddy cops."

Who'd you think of?

Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal? Hey, me too!



Thank you, the 1980s, for being completely insane. Thank you also for the sequence where they go to Florida, fish topless, and then apply (AND GET APPROVED!) for a bank loan while wearing cutoffs and roller skates while Michael McDonald's "Sweet Freedom" plays in the background:



I can't even use the ATM in my bank with roller skates on. These guys take out a mortgage! Honestly, even after renting and watching this movie, I'm not entirely convinced it's real. It's just too good (or maybe just too endearingly homoerotic) to be true.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Cederlund said...

Who wouldn't want to sing with Michael McDonald? Well, other than Steely Dan, I guess.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home