Thursday, September 04, 2008

News: Matt joins the new At the Movies

And while I'm off galavanting in Toronto, I should mention this. No doubt you've heard that E!'s Ben Lyons and TCM's Ben Mankiewicz are the new hosts of of the syndicated movie review At the Movies, which for years was known as Siskel & Ebert and later Ebert & Roeper. Well I'm happy to say I'm joining the cast too, as part of the new "Critics RoundUp" segment along with Wesley Morris from the Boston Globe and Tory Shulman from Reelz Channel. We're discussing two movies on the premiere: Hamlet 2 and Babylon A.D.. I haven't seen the finished versions of anything but as I understand it we should be on about six minutes of the half hour.

The first episode airs this weekend. You can find out when and where At the Movies airs in your area by putting your zip code into the "Station Finder" tab at the top of AtTheMoviesTV.com.

In other news, Chad Johnson legally changed his name to Chad Ocho Cinco. This started when Johnson, whose nickname is Ocho Cinco (an incorrect Spanish translation of his jersey number), showed up to a game with the name Ocho Cinco on his jersey as one of his many on field escapades:



Putting anything but your name on the back of your jersey is a no-no so there was some sort of penalty so basically Johnson has gone to the ridiculous length of legally adopting "Ocho Cinco" so he can have it on his jersey. This man is a national treasure.

Oh and in other news, I legally changed my name to Matthew Laurence Spider-Man. Update your address books accordingly.

UPDATE: You can now watch Critics Roundup online. Click away!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Wealthy Pete said...

Contrats 1000 times more. I'll be watching.

Mateo del Cantante es "numero uno"!

11:46 AM  
Blogger R. Emmet Sweeney said...

I love Ocho Cinco.

And I also love our different spellings of gallivanting, both of which are correct, I believe.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home