Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007 Top Ten: Alberto Zambenedetti


Delivered in haste, but after a whole year of musing, this is my top-ten. Ok, there are eleven movies on it. But at least I did not torture you with honorable mentions, movies I really wanted to see, runner-ups, best-of-the-rest, films I heard were good, stuff that did not make the cut, and other lame excuses to squeeze more titles in. So why eleven? Why not a clean, dry, good old top TEN? Because I have commitment issues. Deal with it. And have a Happy New Year, folks.

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Eastern Promises
Hotel Chevalier & The Darjeeling Limited
Superbad
No Country for Old Men
Zodiac
Grindhouse (Planet Terror & Death Proof)
L’Amico di Famiglia
The Lives of Others
Once
Control

Alberto Zambenedetti is a Ph.D. Candidate in Italian Studies at NYU

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael J. Anderson said...

"But at least I did not torture you with honorable mentions, movies I really wanted to see, runner-ups, best-of-the-rest, films I heard were good, stuff that did not make the cut, and other lame excuses to squeeze more titles in"... I can't help but think this is in part directed at me. Well without my dreaded 'best of the rest' selections, one would think "L’Amico di Famiglia" (aka "The Family Friend") was something appreciated exclusively by Italians. Not so my friends. Or one might think appreciating "Superbad" and "Once" indicates an ESL aesthetic - Matt's favor shows this not to be the case. Still, a really good list in my opinion.

5:48 PM  
Blogger P.L. Kerpius said...

Brilliant, 'Berto! So glad you loved The Diving Bell too....

8:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Of course that was directed at you, Mike. You know, we ESL people are experts at cheap shots. To the knee-caps, generally....

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home