Saturday, September 22, 2007

An Assassination of The Assassination


To keep all you fine readers abreast of Termite Artisan production, Matt Singer and I combined for unprecedented insight into The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford on this week's edition of IFC News. The verdict? Not so good. Matt reviews the film, and is unimpressed: " It's beautifully shot and acted, but languidly paced in a way that blunts most of the movie's emotional impact." I, you know, agree. I come through with a history of Jesse James films, from 1908's James Boys in Missouri all the way to Andrew Dominik's indulgence (I also reviewed it at The Reeler). Let's just say this, it's already overrated.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Singer said...

Word dude. And thank you for posting this, I meant to do it myself.

Gushing over undeserving movies really sticks in my craw. Glad we could provide the balance here.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home