Friday, December 29, 2006

2006 Top Ten (Music): R. Emmet Sweeney

Mike Lyon over at Fourteen Seconds has just posted his top ten albums, and here, humbly, are mine.



1. Clipse: Hell Hath No Fury

I've been listening to "Ride Around Shining" constantly for weeks. It's the harp.


2. Alan Jackson: Red Like A Rose

It makes me want to drink scotch.


3. Jason Moran: Artist In Residence

His wife sings (operatically) for him to come home from the tour.


4. Ghostface Killah: Fishscale

"Whip You With a Strap"


5. Tom Waits: Orphans

"Altar Boy": Now I can order in Latin/Make em au gratin, Joe


6. Justin Timberlake: Futuresex/LoveSounds

"My Love": song of the year


7. Roy Nathanson: Sotto Voce

"By the Page": My father paid me to read


8. Nellie McKay: Pretty Little Head

Duet with Cyndi Lauper


9. The Coup: Pick a Bigger Weapon

"BabyLet'sHaveABabyBeforeBushDoSomethin'Crazy"


10: Julie Roberts: Men & Mascara

They both run.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home