Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Fellow Travelers

We're with you Jessica (and Stephanie too!):

" And somehow I doubt I have much company in advocating for the mostly maligned Step Brothers. Comedy is subjective, of course, but there's some feral pocket of my frontal lobes that wonders how it's possible to resist a movie in which the great Richard Jenkins...delivers a rousing speech about how he always wanted to be a dinosaur when he grew up. ....Step Brothers strikes me not as the cynical nadir of the Judd Apatow-associated trend of manboy movies but as an imploded critique of said trend, and it thrums with anarchic, deranged energy."

--Jessica Winter, Slate Movie Club

"So all of you except Jessica must go watch Step Brothers again, or I'm going to come over and hit you with my tricycle."

--Stephanie Zacharek, Slate Movie Club

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger P.L. Kerpius said...

I've been reading these all day--fantastic!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home